statcounter

       

Mai 2004 May

Old Carrog and Parc

The final episode of the 1950s essay is produced this month, the subject being the expansion of the Village.

“Between 1895 -1905 a lot of buildings were erected. The Baptist Chapel was built, moving from Tanycapel (where Swan Cottages are now).

In 1898 Disgwylfa and Gorffwysfa were built - Disgwylfa nearest the chapel for the Methodist Minister and Gorffwvsfa for Mr. Edward Jones, Park Shop. Each cost £635.

Then came Pengwern, Fronheulog, Llanerch and Minffordd then Trem a Fon, Cadogan, Crammond and the Post Office.

The Post Office previous to this had been at Dewis Dyddyn (also a newspaper and stationery shop). Ty Coch (now Berwyn Lodge) was built later around 1904/5 and Gwylfa Terrace, Capel Beulah and Tai Teg.”

© All material is Copyright of “Y Bont” unless otherwise indicated at the end of the article